Policies and Initiatives related to Sustainability
The Kawata Group contributes to achieving the “Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs)” adopted at the United Nations Summit through constant promotion and implementation of our “Corporate Philosophy” and “Management Principles” in order to earnestly tackle our environmental, social, and economic challenges. In addition, we deem that it is one of the important management challenges to secure and develop excellent human resources for sustainable growth of the company. We aim to offer products and service that satisfy our customers, respecting the autonomy of our employees as a company where employees can find job satisfaction.
The basic policy on Corporate governance prescribes the basic matters related to corporate governance at Kawata Mfg. Co., Ltd. with an eye toward achieving sustainable growth and increasing corporate value, fulfilling our social responsibilities to shareholders, customers, creditors, community, employees and other stakeholders.
In order to respond appropriately and promptly to serious risks to corporate management, we have formed the Risk Review Committee, which collects and analyzes risk information, and at the same time institutes preventive and emergency measures, to control risks of the entire Kawata Group. In addition, we clarify the communication system and action procedures in the event of an emergency.
Matters related to risk management reviewed by the Risk Review Committee and operating officers in charge are thoroughly informed to employees through the managerial positions to promote risk management.
We classify the following nine risks into four types on the risk map: (A) Avoidance, (B) Transfer, (C) Reduction, and (D) Possession, after considering the "possibility of occurrence" and "impact" to reduce risks.
- ① Concentration on specific business fields
- ②Rise in prices of raw materials
- ③ Fierce price competition
- ④Overseas business
- ⑤ Exchange rate fluctuations
- ⑥Securing and training of human resources
- ⑦ Litigation
- ⑧Natural disasters, accidents, and epidemics of serious infections
- ⑨Climate change
The Kawata Group implements the human resource development program with the policy of supporting and developing autonomous human resources who can think and act on their own initiative with the aim of "corporate growth" and "individual growth." We will continue to value the autonomy, job satisfaction, and individuality of each employee, protecting workplace safety, and mental and physical health, and work to create a sound and discrimination-free workplace with respect for human rights.
1. Contribution to productivity improvement and labor, energy, and resource savings at our customers’ production sites
- ・ Promoting “Challenge CES”
- Technical development and sales promotion of machines, based on our product development guideline, “Challenge CES (Cost-Energy-Space saving initiative to reduce costs, support energy savings and contribute to environmentally-friendly CO2 reduction efforts, and promote space-saving designs for installation areas by reducing the content of used iron and stainless steel)”
- ・ Developing and selling labor-saving machines
- Development and sale of machines that can promote work rationalization (labor savings) at our customers’ production sites
- ・ Promoting technological readiness and deployment for popularization of electric vehicles and hybrid automobiles
- Technical response and action for promoting electric power based on lithium-ion batteries and solid-state batteries that can contribute to reduction of CO2 and environmental loads
Technological readiness and deployment for promoting plastic parts that can contribute to reduction of CO2 and environmental loads through realization of lighter vehicles
2.Contribution to the global environmental preservation through environmentally friendly products made by our customers
- ・Contributing to reduction of environmental loads by responding to our customers’ demands for new materials
- R&D efforts and activities for new material molding technologies contributing to reduction of environmental loads by means of bioplastics manufactured from corn and sugarcane with small CO2 emissions impact, and biodegradable plastics that can be completely dissolved into water and carbon-dioxide through microbial decomposition, as well as other similar new materials
3. Promotion of improving productivity and saving labor, energy and resources in our business activities
- ・Actions to save energy and resources at our business sites
- Our efforts include reducing electricity and gas consumption by changing office facilities and equipment into those more compatible with energy savings and alleviating environmental loads by reducing consumption of print and copy paper
4. Initiatives to reduce waste at customer and in-house business sites and promote recycling
- ・ Reducing waste
- ・ Reusing waste plastic containers, etc.
- Promoting sales of our products in the plastic recycling industry
5.Compatibility between continuous, inclusive and sustainable economic growth and productive, rewarding and human-centered work
- ・ Promoting diversity
- Providing a work environment where everyone can work continuously and effectively without being discriminated due to nationality, race, ethnicity, faith, religion, sex, age, etc.
6. Making efforts to attain development targets through coordination/collaboration with all stakeholders
- ・ Coordination and collaboration with stakeholders
- Promoting coordination and collaboration with shareholders, business partners, employees, and communities
Promoting coordination and collaboration with raw-material producers and equipment manufacturers
Promoting coordination and collaboration with industry-academia-government stakeholders
- ・ Enhancement and promotion of CSR management
- Realization of transparent and fair corporate governance
Sound corporate activities based on thorough compliance awareness